40 things you need to know for CMC Rocks 2019
BOOTS are polished, hats are peaked, the time has come, it's CMC Rocks 2019.
But before you go through the gates, make sure you know what you can and can't do and what you can and can't bring.
Here's 15 things enthusiasts need to know and 25 things they should not be packing (hint: your couch and your dog).
THINGS TO KNOW
No ID = no booze. CMC Rocks is a licensed event.
Bring your ticket - PDF copy or hard, they're both fine but you need it for your wristband.
Where can I have a smoke?
There is no smoking indoors and at venues and stages at the site or at the camp site. Smoking areas are signed as such.
Leave the big cameras at home:
Personal cameras are okay, SLRs are okay as well but professional equipment, like telephoto lenses and detachable lenses are not allowed without media accreditation.
Careful at the big stages. Once the stage reaches capacity, that's it.
Chairs are only allowed in certain parts
Chairs are allowed except in the semi-circular chair exclusion zone in front of the stage.
There is no specific rule as to what size chairs need to be, but it is suggested to bring a low profile chair.
Lookout for love
A speed dating event happens every year so singles have the chance to find their match.
Want to have a cook-out?
Personal gas cookers are allowed. Equipment may be inspected to ensure it is in good working order or to assess any concerns regarding the age, type or use of the equipment.
Are there ATMs?
There are ATMs onsite and EFTPOS is available at the bars, food, merchandise and retail outlets.
Will there be buses?
There are shuttle buses to and from the festival and information about public transport options and shuttle buses will be posted on the website.
Do unto others... Need we say more?
The festival is fully licensed. The promoters have asked patrons not to bring booze - it will be confiscated and you may be kicked out.
Cups and water bottles have to be tipped out:
Empty containers are allowed to be filled up with free water on site but they are not allowed to be sealed or full when they are taken in.
Drugs are bad, don't do them, you will be removed from the site and referred to police.
Don't most, crowd surf or stage dive, wear earplugs if necessary and make sure you're wearing appropriate clothing and shoes.
What is prohibited?
- Weapons or explosives of any kind (including potential missiles), illegal substances, flares, fireworks, sparklers, any fire twirling equipment, rums,
- Fires and open flames, flammable liquids (container / jerry cans with flammable liquids will be confiscated)
- Sound systems,
- Portable laser equipment and pens,
- Drones or any other remote flying device,
- Anything studded (ie belts, wristbands, etc),
- Audio or video recording devices (including GoPro and similar),
- Professional photography equipment,
- Skateboards, scooters, wagons, carts, rollerblades, roller skates, bicycles, quad-bikes, segways, overboards, self-balancing scooters or any personal motorised vehicles,
- Animals (excluding service dogs such as guide dogs and police/emergency service dogs),
- No unauthorised solicitation and materials including handbills, flyers, stickers, beach balls, give-aways, samples, etc,
- Any other item deemed to be dangerous or offensive or potentially dangerous by Festival organisers