'Enjoy the bomb': Note sends Queensland school into lockdown

UPDATE:"ENJOY the bomb."

That was the menacing message written on an envelope left at the gates of one of Queensland's biggest schools today, students said they were told.

Police have revealed they are questioning several Palm Beach-Currumbin High students and could lay criminal charges after identifying suspects when a second threat was made using a smart phone's 'air drop' system.

Police say the second threat was made on school grounds after the campus was re-opened mid-morning following the first lockdown.


It was received on smart phones by many students and staff.

The second threat prompted a second lockdown but the school has now re-opened.

Officers are examining CCTV footage of a youth riding a push bike dropping off the envelope containing white powder - believed to be flour - about 5.30am.

"They just told us there was a note with flour, and it said 'enjoy the bomb'," a student told media.

EARLIER: One of the Gold Coast's biggest schools was sent into lockdown this morning after a suspicious package, believed to contain white powder and a threatening note, was found.

Police and emergency services swarmed on Palm Beach-Currumbin High about 6am after the package was found by a cleaner. It's believed there was a threatening note on the package.

Parents were sent texts and emails about 7am advising them of the incident and telling them the school was closed.

The school remained closed for more than two hours before police deemed the incident a hoax, although one classroom remained closed at 8.50am while Queensland Fire and Emergency Services chemicals experts test the suspicious substance.

Mr Meyer slammed whoever was responsible for the chaos at the school, which has 2500 students.

"It's frustrating on behalf of all emergency services," he said.

"It's a good question (why the hoax occurred). At the end of the day I guess people will be people.

"I'm not sure why they just like to cause disruption and havoc but it's up to us to respond."

Earlier, parents were left worried and confused after receiving a text message.

"We just got a message saying the school was closed until further notice," said parent Vicki Kelly, who has two teenage daughters at PBC.

"It's a bit of a worry. They have to take it seriously.

"You wonder why someone would do something like this."

Students and staff who turned up to the school were sent to the oval as police investigated.

Police declared the school safe about 8.20am and students were allowed inside.

The school said there would be a whole staff and student assembly at 9am before classes resume as normal.