Woman faces court for allegedly aiding escapee

UPDATE 5.30pm: A WOMAN will face court tomorrow for allegedly helping Kevin Andrew O'Connor escape from the Capricornia Correctional Centre.


Police are still on the hunt for the 33-year-old after he escaped on Saturday, it's believed he was last seen playing tennis in the facility and his tennis racquet was found near a veggie patch in the vicinity of Etna Ck.   The woman will appear in Emerald Magistrates Court.    

UPDATE Sunday 9.30am: The search continues today for Kevin Andrew O'Connor who escaped from the Capricornia Correctional Centre yesterday.

A police spokesperson said a 23-year-old woman has been arrested and is assisting them with inquiries. 

He is serving 11 months 13 days for several offences including drug possession and producing drugs.

The circumstance surrounding the incident will be referred to the Office of Chief Inspector for investigation.

What we know

  • O'Connor escaped Saturday afternoon
  • Last sen playing tennis within the correctional facility at 2.25pm Saturday
  • Believed to have been see with his partner
  • 23-year-old woman arrested and assisting police



  • Height: 189 cms
  • Weight: 105 kg
  • Complexion: Medium
  • Eyes: Blue
  • Facial Hair: Clean Shaven
  • Hair: Brown
  • Scar: Numerous scars inside right leg


UPDATE 6.30PM: POLICE are yet to locate a 33-year-old male prisoner who escaped from Capricorn Correctional Centre at 2.30pm today.

The Emerald man was serving time for a string of charges after first appearing in Emerald Magistrates Court last September.

4.30PM: POLICE are on the look out for an escaped prisoner from Capricorn Correctional Centre who was seen playing tennis within the correctional facility at 2.25pm.

Initial reports suggest the male person's tennis racquet was found near a veggie patch in the vicinity of Etna Creek.

It is believed he is in the company of his 24-year-old wife in a silver Mitsubishi Outlander.

The 33-year-old male is described as Caucasian, 197cm tall, of a solid build and wearing a prisoner uniform.

Dog handlers at the facility reported seeing the man leave with his partner at 2.30pm.

It is believed the incident happened in the low security section of the prison.