BOONAH and the wider Aratula community has thrown its support behind a local family whose house was completely destroyed by fire late last month.

Roberta Robinson's Mount Edwards home caught fire on Friday evening, October 30, with the mother of three making it out alive with just the clothes on her back.

A citronella candle in the bedroom was the suspected cause of the blaze, which firefighters contained before it spread to the bushland surrounding the 43 acre property.

Ms Robinson said her family was "overwhelmed" with donations, offers of help and financial support from members of the local community.

"So far the community support has just been amazing," she said.

"The kids and I have just been inundated with clothes. The local shop at Kalbar asked if they could put a tin out for us and another local store has offered us a voucher to buy new clothes with.

The family that had their Mount Edwards house burnt to the ground on Friday night have thanked the community that has supported them including Boonah State School principal Mark Winrow (left). The family, Samantha and Courtney Cook, Peter Hangan and Roberta Robinson (back). Photo: Rob Williams / The Queensland Times
Boonah State School held a free dress day to raise money for the family. They are pictured here with principal Mark Winrow (left). Rob Williams

"The kids' school even arranged a free dress day to raise money for the girls to help replace some of their things."

The mum said the support was helping her to stay positive and keep on going.

"You've got to laugh or you'd cry," she said.

"I just can't get over the way this area has pulled together.

"I suddenly feel so much like a part of the community and I can't express enough how grateful I am."

Ms Robinson said the family planned to move into a demountable so they could care for the animals on their property before rebuilding their house on the same site.

A Mt Edwards family have lost their home after a fire destroyed the house on Friday night. Mackenzie Windgate-Robinson, 15, searches through debris for anything that might be saved. Photo: David Nielsen / The Queensland Times
A Mt Edwards family have lost their home after a fire destroyed the house on Friday night. Mackenzie Windgate-Robinson, 15, searches through debris for anything that might be saved. Photo: David Nielsen / The Queensland Times David Nielsen