Corey Verburg, 20, died after he was stabbed at an Andergrove home on New Year's Eve.
Corey Verburg, 20, died after he was stabbed at an Andergrove home on New Year's Eve. Facebook

Four face court in wake of Mackay father's stabbing death

FOUR people allegedly involved in an altercation at an Andergrove home on New Year's Eve in the company of stabbing victim Corey Verburg have faced a Mackay court.

Late in the evening on December 31, 2018, Mr Verburg, a 20-year-old father, suffered a stab wound to his abdomen during the altercation at a home on Gemini Drive, Andergrove.

It's not alleged the group of four was involved in the stabbing.

Mackay police believe the group - who faced court on Tuesday charged with entering a dwelling with intent with actual violence in company on December 31 - bundled Mr Verburg into a car to drive him to hospital.

However, less than two kilometres into the journey, Mr Verburg succumbed to his injuries on Glenpark Street, according to police.

Officers initially took an unidentified 67-year-old man into custody, but he was later released without any charges being laid.

More than 20 days after Mr Verburg's stabbing, no other persons have been charged in relation to his death.

Sitting in the public gallery in Mackay Magistrates Court, after being issued notices to appear, the two men and two women were gradually called before Magistrate Damien Dwyer.

Kymberley Danah Robke, 19, of Ooralea, appeared first, followed by Jessi Michael Kennedy, 18, of South Mackay, Kobi Jackson Dunn, 18, of Glenella, and Samantha-Renee Elizabeth Mackinlay, 31, of Bucasia.

The group did not enter pleas during their case's individual mentions.

All of the defendants were facing lesser property crime charges, but had the allegations against them were amended by prosecutor Chelsea Pearson to include violence as an aggravating factor.

Mr Dwyer allowed Robke, Kennedy, Dunn and Mackinlay to walk from the court on the proviso they do not contact each other in any way, including over social media.

All four defendants were due to reappear in the Mackay court on February 12.

A spokesman for Queensland Police confirmed no one has been charged over Mr Verburg's death and investigations were continuing.