Street Series starts tomorrow at Willowbank
DO YOU know what I can't wait for race fans?
The start of the competitive season at Willowbank Raceway, that's what.
Tomorrow marks the opening of the 2016 racing calendar for the drag strip, with the first round of the Street Series.
I can't think of a better way to open the season, as the Street Series is the perfect entry-level competition for aspiring drag racers wanting to race their cars or motorcycles on the quarter-mile.
I have been chatting to last year's champions from this great grassroots competition, and all three of them are signed up to hit the track.
I will be keeping a particular eye on the Fletchers - six-time street series champion Josh Fletcher and his step-mum (and two time Powder Puff champion) Susanne Fletcher - as they have a new Horse Power Engineering engine in the family Torana.
Also in action tomorrow is the first instalment of Saturday Night Roll Racing for the year at Queensland Raceway.
The Ipswich Kart Club will be hosting the first round of its club championship for the year.
I will be checking that out during the day before heading next door to the drag strip to see the Street Series in the late afternoon and evening.
Even with all of that already on-deck, there is still more to see this weekend.
On Sunday, Willowbank Raceway will be holding its first Racer Test Day of the year.
These days are made just for the racers, with those with IHRA licences able to take to the track to test out their machines.
However, even though it might be racers-only on-track, spectators are more than welcome.
If you want to see some serious metal in action, consider coming and having a sticky beak - I'll be there for sure.
- Tomorrow: Street Series, Willowbank Raceway
- Tomorrow: Round One IKC 2016 Club Championship, Ipswich Kart Club
- Tomorrow: Saturday Night Roll Racing, Queensland Raceway
- Sunday: Racer Test Day, Willowbank Raceway
- Wednesday: Test 'n' Tune, Willowbank Raceway
- Next Friday: (February 5) Friday Night Drift, Queensland Raceway
- Next Saturday: (February 6) Test 'n' Tune, Willowbank Raceway
- Next Saturday: (February 6) Race Meeting 1 (night event), Ipswich City Dirt Kart Club